I begin this strategy/activity typically in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of school. We have several other classrooms in our school that also are “Bucket-Filler” classrooms.
- We read several books about being bucket-fillers and not bucket dippers.
- We put magnets up in our lockers to remind us about bucket filling.
- We add signs to the classroom walls to remind us about bucket filling.
- We try to fill buckets through kind words and actions.
- We add frogs to our bucket when someone fills our bucket (kind words or actions).
- We fill other people’s buckets by writing bucket-filler notes to them.
Visit my Pinterest Behavior Board, which includes Bucket-Filling Resources:
- Bucket Filling
- Class Incentives/Rewards
- Behavior Tracking
- RtI Progress Monitoring
- Classroom Procedures and Routines
- Establishing Classroom Expectations